Welcome to Taproot!

Happy viewing and please provide feedback - it helps us grow

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Wild night

At 4:30 AM I bolted out of bed, woke Josh up because 'the chickens, the geese, there is something getting into the chickens!'
Josh ran out to to see what was up, but then we realized the noise was coming from our neighbours Barb and George's. They have chickens and piglets and cows. So Josh drove over to check on them. The sound was terrible. In the meantime I called over to let them know that Josh was on his way over.

Come to find out, it was raccoons fighting and they had one raccoon out on a limb screaming like what I thought was a chicken dieing.

I feel so bad for waking everyone up - it was quite a commotion. No sleep after that. Maybe a bit paranoid I guess. Now I am even waking the neighbours:((

Have a great happy chicken day!

2 comments:

  1. Paranoia quite justified, I'd say! And were I your neighbour, I'd be grateful for your alertness and willingness to take action. Just another example of how you and your family are an asset to our community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, raccoons screaming is a frightening sound. When I was living in Montreal, we had a nest of young ones that would fight, and I would come running every time thinking it was either my cats or a small child getting hurt.

    Don't feel bad for caring. :-) I'm sure your neighbours would rather be woken up for raccoons than live next to someone that doesn't care one bit.

    ReplyDelete