Welcome to Taproot!

Happy viewing and please provide feedback - it helps us grow

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Nov 25th

It has been awhile since I checked in here. While at Windhorse Farm during the Art of Hosting training we did a lot of check in's. We'd form a circle and each take a turn "checking in". This is something that I will use here at home now and in my work too. It is so important for us to each take a turn speaking and have the opportunity if we wish to share ideas or thoughts or feelings. It was a great learning last week of taking the time to listen.

Today is an overcast day. Josh and I are both waiting right now for the Live At Five crew to show up as they have asked us to be a part of a feature on eating throughout the winter. I will let you know when it is suppose to be on. I am a bit nervous since I can not remember all of the variety names of the crops we grew.

These days we are cleaning up, getting our books finalized, feeding the chickens, watering the greenhouse and making lists of all the things there are to do. The list is long. I have also been spending time at the computer catching up on volunteer activies, getting things ready for 2010 season and planning in a calm manner for each weeks CSA.

Josh and I do spend a bit of energy calculating how long the storage crops will last. Since it is our first year we were uncertain if we planted enough. It is so hard to learn what the right about is. If we grow to much and it has to be composted that is too bad, but if we don't grow enough for everyone who wants it and has paid for it, that is no good either. I trust that with time and experience we will find the balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment