Welcome to Taproot!

Happy viewing and please provide feedback - it helps us grow

Friday, September 25, 2009

Celebrating Communities

Today and yesterday I have had the privilege of participating in the celebrating communities conference in Truro. I was speaking with one participant this morning about the three day long conference (I wasn't here for Wednesday, share day:)). She was commenting about how the focus of this conference was very much about food. There was discssion around the capacity in communities to bring more awareness, learning/education and connectedness to each other and our culture through food and food production.

So often these days regardless of where I am, the topic is focused on food and food production. Not very often are these discussions happening with farmers in the room. This leads me to wonder if farmers realize how many people are focusing in on them and more importantly on the job they do. I am not suggesting that farmers need to be a part of all these events, they don't - but I do hope that farmers know that there are many people in many places and in many forums, talking about food security in this province.

Anyway - this posting really is me just needing to say how much I realize that the people living in this province are supportive and with more outreach, education and partnership - things will continue to improve.

I just want to say thank you for being a part of our CSA community. This community has certainly changed me. I have always believed in people, but now since the CSA started, I am overwhelmed by the sense of community I feel with all of you. Great things are happening! Thanks so much to each of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment