Welcome to Taproot!

Happy viewing and please provide feedback - it helps us grow

Friday, September 11, 2009

September 11






How can it be? I am sorry it has taken me so long to give you an update.

Today is Friday. It is quiet around the farm. Josh and I were both up last night at 4 AM wondering about frost. I was very supportive of him getting up and heading out to cover up and to spray water on the crops to prevent frost damage. We really don't want to loose the tomatoes and peppers that are planted outside - not yet anyway.

Nicole is working in the kitchen this afternoon making relish. We have a bunch of oversized cucumbers that we didn't want to loose to the compost so it seemed logical to make relish. She will get close to 60 jars done this afternoon. Something to look forward to in the winter.

The pac choi isn't injured from cold and is doing quite well in these cooler conditions.

I hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh.... I made "Thousand Island" relish yesterday too.
    We were up to Foxhill yesterday but didn't want to come in unannounced. Had a lovely daytrip around the Valley enjoying all the sites!
    I wondered if the frost would affect you.
    Love the pics and the updates. Keep them coming!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete