Welcome to Taproot!

Happy viewing and please provide feedback - it helps us grow

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Saturday morning

Good Morning - it is a chilly Saturday morning. I heard on CBC bright and early this morning a call for people to call in and tell their stories of making their way to the farmers market. I was still snuggled in bed and felt a strong sense of admiration for all the farmers and the people who were up and at it today making the local food movement happen this Saturday morning.

Today the celeriac will be harvested and put into storage for the cold winter months. We will have to pull out the soup recipes for this winter and I am sure by the end of it we will be expert stew makers:)

I am freezing egg plant this morning and canning ketchup. I hope I get it done before Lily's gymnastics - otherwise the day will be away from me and I won't get back to it again until tonight.

Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment