Welcome to Taproot!

Happy viewing and please provide feedback - it helps us grow

Monday, October 5, 2009

October open house

Well, we had a great family day on Sunday. No CSA members showed up, but that wasn't surprising considering the rain. We had a great picnic with the kids in the greenhouse. Izaak decorated all of the tables. At the last minute we called my mother over to share a massive lunch with us. It was kind of funny really. Anyway - lucky that we made a big batch of easy to freeze tomato soup.

This week we are having turnip greens in the share. Calvin tells me that it is the best thing we've grown all year. Delicious turnip greens.

Lydia is planning for a couple weeks away to her home in Northern Ontario. Calvin and Gerald are getting ready to head home for the winter. And this week Izaak has hockey camp before his main season starts next week. I have started a new book. Eat, Pray, Love. I have managed to get to page 20 in the past week. I keep telling myself that I will read books again :)

We are well and happy and excited to hear about how you cook your pie pumpkin this week.

Take Care!

4 comments:

  1. Oh I'm feeling so bad no one showed up. Had we not just been there last Thursday/Friday we would have loved to have gone. Perhaps the next one!

    I am reading Eat, Pray, Love as well. I just finished the segment on Italy. I don't know about the rest of the book, but the first third makes you want to eat pasta and gelato! Enjoy.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. as our season is done, hoping to start reading again. a very long list has accumulated over the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't realized that this was the open house weekend! I am sorry to have missed it....

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eat Pray Love....amazing book! You will enjoy :)
    -Kelty

    ReplyDelete