Welcome to Taproot!

Happy viewing and please provide feedback - it helps us grow

Sunday, March 28, 2010

An Awakening.....

Hello CSA Members,
Please bare with me while I explain myself.

This morning I was down at Swallows Nest cleaning up after a beautiful family gathering yesterday to celebrate the life of Josh's Aunt. She is not well and will be leaving us soon.

Swallows Nest has always felt to me like a place we need to share with people. A place for celebrations of all sorts or for taking time away from regular life. All along it hasn't felt right to have a price tag set in stone around the use of this beautiful place.

This morning it dawned on me that I want all of you members to have access to this space. To come to the farm and to have the opportunity to enjoy the beauty and the sense of community, earth and farm that one gets here.

The realities are of course that we need to make mortgage payments, and I have been spending too much time worrying about this. I do believe that by putting it out there things will all work out:)

Please disregard our hand out earlier this week. All of the features remain the same but for people who have shared with us and support us on this farm we want you to feel welcome. So, full weeks, two days, one night, any duration of time is welcome. And a policy of 'pay what you can' will be in effect for all CSA shareholders. Money need not be an obstacle.

I hope this finds you well.

Patricia & Josh

PS. If you didn't get the one-pager this week - see the link here.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Patricia!! This is so wonderful!!

    I was just commenting to my husband about the wonderful farm stay you were offering and what a beautiful relaxing setting you have!! Only thing is that we have 2 little ones and a full week is a bit much for us. A few days, well that is perfect!!

    We are new to the CSA this year and are very excited about getting our food boxes and getting involved in events at the farm! Thank you so much for your efforts to create a farm community. I look forward to meeting you and bringing my kids to learn about life on the farm.

    You`ll definately be hearing from us when it comes time to plan our little holiday this summer!

    Gina

    ReplyDelete