Welcome to Taproot!

Happy viewing and please provide feedback - it helps us grow

Monday, December 28, 2009

Holiday time

We've had a great holiday.
I was not quite relaxed until I got groceries on Christmas Eve. Once I had the groceries, (none that we really needed, but ones that helped me feel festive) I was okay. Later on that day, once I had the centre piece on the table complete with fruit and nuts, I was happy and relaxed. I wanted to rush in the office to type an entry on this blog, expressing how all my holiday worries subsided once I had the food in place. It was just a moment of realization for me (once again) how important food is to comfort, happiness, survival, etc. It was also a moment of realizing that for the holiday season all I really need or want is to have great food and family/friends to share it with.

We have been eating for days now:)

Just to top off my focus on food, on Boxing day while Josh was starting the fire I was reading the paper. Did any of you notice the little text box somewhere in the paper, halfway down the page, on the left side informing us that a major pineapple company in Hawaii closed it doors and fields? They can make more money selling for development. They can produce pineapples cheaper elsewhere. Over 200 people laid of work.

I just shake my head.

I have pictures to upload of our work day on Boxing day. It was so fun!! Outside cutting down branches so we can have the walking trail reestablished. It felt so great to be out in the fresh air working hard towards our walking trail goal. Soon you can come and enjoy the trail. A bit more brush to move and it will be for the most part ready to go.

Have a great day with great food and great people!

No comments:

Post a Comment