Welcome to Taproot!

Happy viewing and please provide feedback - it helps us grow

Monday, February 15, 2010

February 15

Last week was another wild week of driving about. There was a public meeting for the NS Ag Land Review in Stewiacke on Wednesday evening and one with the council of leaders of the NS Federation of Agriculture on Thursday in Debert. There was a great turn out of nearly 100 people in Stewiacke. Although I am still here working and then driving about for meetings I begin to feel disconnected to what is happening here. It can happen so fast - I guess because things grow and change so fast on the farm.

The chicks are bigger and their fluff is quickly being replaced by not as cute feathers.

The sprouts have grown for another week and are ready to be bagged up this AM.

The greens in the greenhouse are ready to be harvested.

The new plantings of mizuna, pac choi, romaine and swiss chard have all popped up through the soil.

Josh and I went on a fun date Friday night. We were invited to the Joel Plaskett concert in Windsor. We had a lovely meal at the Cocoa Pesto Woodshire Inn and then heard some great tunes.

We headed out to the pond and skated on Saturday and Sunday. The ice is still very nice. My back is aching the morning from skating so much.

I hope you have a great day! I am off this morning to help out in Izaak's classroom for an hour and then back here to get ready for share day tomorrow:)

Mid February - whoa - we are on the home stretch.

1 comment:

  1. Good Morning: I try to buy foodstuffs locally, also bake much of my bread - can you direct me to a local source of wheat flour?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete