Welcome to Taproot!

Happy viewing and please provide feedback - it helps us grow

Monday, February 22, 2010

a 'not so great' experience

I got this email message from a CSA member today. Did anyone else experience this?

'I wanted you to know that the greens were full of little green bugs (probably more than 30 in the small bag). When I dumped the greens out the bugs scurried around and that is why I noticed.

I don’t mind bugs, but I ended up throwing out the greens because I just could not get them rinsed off.'

Thanks for keeping us posted. I guess it is fair to say the aphids are back. Halifax Seed here we come for some beneficials.


5 comments:

  1. Our were fine (no bugs) and tasty too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - we also had alot of aphids on our greens....

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ours were fine. - Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had the bugs. I always rinse in several rinses of water so they mostly came off I guess. The rest is probably additional protein?

    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  5. thought the greens were delish........must have been the bugs :(

    ReplyDelete