Welcome to Taproot!

Happy viewing and please provide feedback - it helps us grow

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Warm sunny day

Today has been a delightful day. We starting cleaning up in the basement getting ready for the new season. We are hooking up a computer in the basement for our farm records and we are establishing a place for people to house their things when they come to work. Our tools are also in desperate need of order and the plan will be to have them all organized, marked for where they belong and then we will all hopefully be inspired to put them back.

The kids played outside most of the morning. Izaak built a fort, Frank worked away at things and Lily was looking after various things.

This afternoon I went out to walk up to Fox Hill Cheese House to get some bread for supper. As I was walking up the drive way I was aware of the softness under my feet. It made me think of the book, Walk in a Relaxed Manner. I was walking up the drive way in a relaxed manner and then when I got to the end of the drive way I was thinking about balancing the cortisol and decided I would do the opposite of relaxed manner walking and I would run as fast as I possible could. Have you done this lately? Ran as fast as you could? That of course led my thoughts to the Olympics. All of those athletes working their bodies as hard as they possibly can. It really is inspiring. I ran for about 30 seconds twice and my lungs are still feeling it now an hour later.

I would like to sort out exercising more regularly. I forget that it feels so good.

Enjoy the evening.

1 comment:

  1. It does feel good.
    I've recently started strength training again. Yes, it hurts but it reminds me how lucky I am to have muscles that can be stronger!

    ReplyDelete