Welcome to Taproot!

Happy viewing and please provide feedback - it helps us grow

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

a few more pictures

Josh took this photo tonight. The kids and I were driving in the driveway after karate and there Josh was slowing us down and pointing out this owl. It was perched on some greenhouse hoops near the house. Does anyone know the type of owl? It must have been hunting and it just decided to hang about with us watching. This is a first for me. I've never that I can remember seen a live owl like this before.
Here is Izaak and his friends finding their 2nd clue on the scavenger hunt birthday party.

3 comments:

  1. Looks a lot like a Barred Owl to me. How big was this fellow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say about a foot and a half. I'll ask Josh he was much closer and I wasn't wearing my glasses

    ReplyDelete
  3. On Christmas Day a couple of years ago I walked past the rear door and glanced out the window. There is a line of trees and one of them is no more than 10 to 15 feet from the house - there was a barred owl sitting on one of the low branches. I knew there were owls living down in the little vault by the my brook as I hear them frequently. This was my first sighting. Got a couple of good photos.

    ReplyDelete